- Unmounted Lessons
- Red Level Ground Work - Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 3pm to 4pm
Red Level Ground Work - Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 3pm to 4pm
In the RED level ground work class we will be working on:
· Students will learn the basic principles of working safely around horses, body language, personal space, awareness of blind spots, and appropriate barn behaviour.
· Students will learn to catch and put a halter on your horse, lead your horse and tie them up with a quick-release knot.
· Students will learn to identify and use grooming tools for a pre-ride grooming
· Students will learn the parts of the hoof, how to pick up a horse’s feet and pick out their feet with a hoof pick. We will talk about why some horses wear shoes and some do not. Confidently picking your horses feet out is a skill required to move on to yellow level.
· Students will learn to tack up their own horse, saddle, bridle as well as anything extra a horse may need such as boots (Polos will not be taught till a higher level)
· Students will learn the basic rules for feeding.
Student will learn to clean and re-bedding a stall, thoroughly
Each Red level ground work class will work on the same skills each time the class is offered so that students can come to the until they feel like they are ready to test at this level.